If you fancy a quick cuppa with a heavier profile, the French Press is the way to go. It's been around since 1929 and remains a crowd favourite.
What you need:
- Rivers Coffee Press Core (or any other French Presses)
- 16g of whole coffee beans (about 1 heaping tablespoon)
- 200g hot water off the boil (around 90°C - 93°C)
- Digital scale
- Coffee server of your choice
Let's get brewing!
- Put 200g of water to boil.
- Rinse the french press with hot water and pull the plunger upwards.
- Weigh and grind 16g of coffee to the coarseness of sea salt.
- Pour ground coffee into the pot and pour 30g of hot water to preheat the brewing chamber.
- At the 0:30 mark, pour more water until it reaches 200g in total. Push the plunger slightly and let the coffee brew until the 4:00 mark. Complete the brewing process by pushing the plunger all the way down.
- Serve and enjoy your coffee.