The AeroPress brews a rich and bright cuppa with a fuller body. There are many ways to brew with this method — here's our take on it.
What you need:
- AeroPress brewer
- AeroPress filter paper
- 15g of whole coffee beans (about 1 heaping tablespoon)
- 220g hot water off the boil (around 90°C - 93°C)
- Digital scale
- Coffee server of your choice
Let's get brewing!
- Put 220g of water to boil.
- Place the filter paper in the basket and rinse it with hot water. Then, invert the AeroPress brew chamber and seal it with the plunger at the No.4 mark, then preheat the brew chamber with hot water. Discard the rinse water.
- Weigh and grind 15g of coffee to a fine consistency of table salt.
- Pour ground coffee inside the brew chamber and pour 30g of water. Stir gently to make sure all coffee grounds are wet.
- At the 0:30 mark, pour more water until it reaches 220g in total and stir gently for 10 times. Seal the top of the brew chamber with the basket.
- Next, push the brew chamber down slowly to degas the coffee. This will give the coffee an even extraction.
- At the 2:00 mark, flip the AeroPress onto a sturdy mug (preferably with a wider bottom) and push the plunger all the way down. This should take 0:20 completing the brewing process at around 2:20.
- Serve and enjoy your coffee.
Clever Dripper / French Press / V60
Shop Coffee Kits